If you’re reading this, chances are you’re in the midst of choosing your wedding venue for the big day! This is such an exciting time but can seem a bit daunting for any engaged couple, which is probably why you’re looking for some advice. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but once some of the bigger decisions are out of the way, it can leave you to relax and look forward to your day.
The wedding reception venue and ceremony are one of the most important decisions you have, and it’s also really exciting to choose with your partner. In today’s blog, we will be exploring our top tips on how to choose the dream wedding venue and some advice on how to get it right
- How to Choose a Wedding Venue
- How to Choose Between Two Wedding Locations
- The Most Important Factor to Consider Whilst Selecting a Wedding Venue
- 6 Things to Look For When Searching for the Perfect Venue
- The First Thing to Decide When Planning a Wedding?
Tips on How to Choose a Wedding Venue
When looking at potential venues, think about the practical elements first. How many people are you inviting? What is your desired wedding date? If it’s more of an intimate guest list, you won’t need to break the bank on a grand venue which holds hundreds.
However, if you have got a bigger guest list you’ll need to ensure there is plenty of space to seat everyone comfortably. If you’re unsure, chat with the venue staff to find their recommendations. Remember that the team will know their wedding venue the best so if you are unsure, they can advise. They will also likely have a list of recommended suppliers which will make your search a little easier.
You also need to find somewhere which will be accessible for friends and family, particularly if you have a larger guest list. Hosting your wedding in an abandoned manor house in the middle of nowhere sounds great, but you need to be sure guests will have transport to attend.
Set a maximum budget for all the most important aspects of your wedding and stick to it. It might be tempting to spend a little extra here and there, but in the long run, it adds up and can cause extra stress for the day. A house wedding can be really charming, especially if you have a picturesque garden, and provides the chance to save money on a venue. This means you can save the extra cash or spend it on better catering, wedding planners or the honeymoon.
Work with your partner
Remember that this is a team effort so work with your partner to find somewhere which is perfect for both of you. Before you even start looking, sit down with your partner and have a chat about what you’re both looking for in a venue.
Remember this is your day so no one else’s opinion matters. Find something which makes you both happy. If your ideas don’t match, compromise and find somewhere which is the best of both worlds.
Finding a wedding venue which fits your personalities. If you met at a garden centre, why not have an outdoor wedding with plenty of decorative foliage and wedding flowers? If you both love history, try and find an old venue with plenty of culture.
Keep an open mind and try to explore plenty of options to get a good idea of what is available. If you like a certain place, go and take another look to help you get a better idea. You don’t want to make a decision on somewhere you’ve only seen once.
Choosing Between Two Wedding Locations
Often when you are exploring different options there will be several which stand out to you. If you’re in the position of choosing a venue for exclusive hire, it can be challenging to settle on a final decision.
Remember that whichever one you choose, you are picking a venue you’ll fall in love with. Why not go back to basics and write up a pros and cons list of each venue. If one has more cons than the other, it might be a sign that it won’t be as suitable.
Price comes into play with how to choose a wedding venue so is there one which would save you money? You could use the extra cash to enjoy a better honeymoon or put it into savings for yourself and your partners future. Ultimately, the most important thing about a venue is the way it makes you feel. If you walk in and know you can envision yourself getting married there and feel amazing about it, that’s the venue for you.
What is the most important factor while selecting a Wedding Venue?
The most important factor to consider when selecting the perfect wedding venue is the capacity of the venue. Once you have established the number of guests you are looking to invite to your special day you can begin to browse a number of wedding venues that can accommodate your party size, this can ultimately determine how to pick a wedding location.
What are six things to look for when searching for the Perfect Venue?
When searching for the perfect wedding venue you will want to make sure everything is ticked off your checklist to bring you one step closer to celebrating your special day. To ensure your wedding day goes smoothly and as expected you will want to be sure the wedding venue offers the following:
- A Great Location – Choose a convenient location for you and your guests. Consider factors like accessibility, proximity to airports or accommodations, and whether the location holds significance for you as a couple.
- Flexible Dates Available – Ensure the venue can accommodate your desired wedding date and time. If you’re planning a last minute wedding, check the venue’s flexibility on last-minute wedding dates. Also, ask about their policies on decorations, vendors, and any restrictions they might have.
- Catering Options – If the venue provides catering, sample their menu to ensure the food quality meets your expectations. If they allow external catering, inquire about any restrictions.
- Explore Wedding Packages – Enquire about exclusive wedding packages offered by the venue. These packages often come with enticing benefits like a dedicated wedding coordinator, preferential bedroom rates for your wedding guests, complimentary beverages, and more.
- On-Site Accommodation – Check if the wedding venue has a hotel with a wedding suite and comfortable accommodation for you and your guests.
- Parking and Accessibility – Check if the wedding venue has ample parking for your guests and if it’s accessible for those with mobility issues.
What is the first thing to decide when planning a Wedding?
The first thing to establish when picking a wedding venue is your wedding budget. Determine your budget before you start looking at venues. This will help you narrow down your options and avoid falling in love with a place that is beyond your financial means. Once you have set a wedding budget in place you can begin to explore wedding venues, caterers, wedding dresses and everything in between that falls within your budget. A few other factors to consider when finding a wedding venue are:
- Guest List – Have a rough estimate of your guest list. The venue should comfortably accommodate all your guests. A venue that’s too small will be cramped, while a venue that’s too large can feel empty.
- Hire a Wedding Planner – If the Venue doesn’t come with a dedicated Wedding coordinator, it is worth considering a wedding planner
- Style and Theme – Consider the style and theme you want for your wedding. Whether it’s rustic, modern, vintage, or something else, the venue should align with your vision.
- Services and Amenities – Check what services and amenities the venue provides. Some venues offer all-inclusive packages that include catering, decorations, and more. Others might be more DIY-friendly.
- Visit Multiple Venues – Don’t settle for the first venue you visit. Explore multiple options to compare and contrast their features, ambience, and overall feel.
- Weather Contingency – If you’re considering an outdoor venue, have a backup plan in case of bad weather. Some venues offer both indoor and outdoor options.
- Reviews and References – Look for reviews and testimonials from couples who have previously used the venue. This can provide insights into their experiences and any potential issues.
- Photography Opportunities – Assess the venue for picturesque spots for your wedding photos. Beautiful backdrops can enhance your wedding album.
- Cost Breakdown – Understand the complete cost breakdown, including any hidden fees, overtime charges, and payment schedules.
- Gut Feeling – Trust your instincts. If a venue feels right and aligns with your vision, it’s likely a good fit.
- Visit at Different Times – Schedule visits at different times of the day to see how the lighting and atmosphere change. This will give you a comprehensive sense of the venue’s overall vibe.
Choosing a Wedding Venue, Conclusion
We hope you’ve enjoyed our blog on finding the perfect venue for your wedding day. Hopefully, our advice has made you feel ready to take the plunge on your venue search and make a decision.
Your wedding venue plays a significant role in creating lasting memories, so when picking a wedding venue make sure to take your time, do your research, and choose a place that resonates with both you and your partner. It will be amazing wherever you host it. Just remember to not put too much pressure on yourself, this is your and your partner’s special day.
Our team wish you a wonderful wedding! If you’re still looking for your dream location, look no further than Eastwood Hall. We are stunning event venue in Nottingham who have hosted many amazing days and our all-inclusive wedding packages include everything you’ll need for a memorable experience. Contact our team today for further information or to book your dream venue.